Interested in helping the NPI spread the word about the vital role photonics plays in innovation and economic growth? Here is how you can get involved:
- Participate in Capitol Hill Day on September 10, 2015 in Washington, DC. These visits are a great opportunity to establish a relationship with your Congressional offices and to educate your members about the importance of optics and photonics. NPI will schedule and coordinate your day and will escort you to all of your meetings. For more information please visit Congressional Visits webpage.
- Post an NPI Supporter Button on your website, social media pages, email signature, or printed materials. Then, be sure to link the image to the NPI website.
- Become an official NPI Partner. Partnership opportunities are available at two levels - Supporter and Collaborator - to fit any size organization.
- Take your case to policy makers. Invite your members of Congress to attend an event at your company, university or in your district that is photonics focused. Take NPI materials to meetings in Washington or locally to educate your members of Congress, staffers and agency officials about the initiative and photonics. Email NPI@lightourfuture.org for step-by-step guides, contact information, and materials.
- Get social. Post about the NPI on your Facebook, LinkedIn, or other social networking pages and add a link to the website, or Tweet optics and photonics using #NPI and links to the website.
- Write and op-ed or letter to the editor to your local newspaper about the NPI and the important of optics and photonics to the local community. Email NPI@lightourfuture.org for samples and guidance.